On-Page SEO or on-page Search Engine Optimization usually holds significantly different meanings to SEO consultants. Technically, on-page SEO involves implementation strategies for websites in order to optimize the ranking of the website on search engines for it to appear in search results of specific words or short phrases. Different SEO experts apply varied tactics that are backed by actual data and research, extensive testing or others that are based on case studies. It is highly imperative to get the basics right of on-page SEO and the basics are something that every SEO expert considers to secure a top spot in search results. By ignoring the basics of SEO can result in all the other efforts going wrong such as a PR campaign or a fantastic link profile. The base to one’s campaign is definitely the on-page SEO.
SEO professionals, to execute the on-page SEO perfectly, always look at the basics first and then head on to other fundamentals in order to move upwards in comparison with the website’s competitors on search engines. The following are the most important pointers that SEO consultants take into consideration to get on-page SEO spot on:-
• Main Keywords in Title Tags- This is basic but often missed even by many experts. The presence of the main keyword and variations in the title tag is extremely important. Also, make sure that the title tag along with the main keyword is written in a natural way and does not look enforced.
• Strategic way to use H Tags- H Tags or Heading Tags need to be used in a tactical way by utilizing headings appropriately without over-optimizing it. The main keyword should be found in H1 tag, after that comes H2 and then H3. Only make use of one H1 tag.
• Meta Descriptions- Although it is not a contributing factor to the ranking system, but it is surely important for on-page SEO. It should consist of a description that gives a clear picture of what the landing page is about.
• Content- This is the most important aspect and no SEO expert can be called an expert if the content is not up to the mark. Google’s Panda algorithm has made it extremely important for the content to be original and unique. The basic requirement is to write it predominantly for the target audience without prioritizing search engines.
• Getting canonicalization right- An array of CMS enables access to pages through different URL’s and is definitely not the best thing from the search marketing viewpoint. For on-page SEO professionals, getting canonicalization is considered of primary importance.
• Structure of the URL- It is best to use a search engine friendly structure for the URL, for example, www.domain.com/pagename/ instead of www.doamin.com/index.php?id=1. It is helpful for search engines as well the target audience.
• Resolve Crawl Errors- An SEO professional always check Webmaster Tools for crawl errors to find a way to resolve them. It is best to redirect to a page that is the closest option.
These are just few tactics but the most important aspects that an SEO expert implies when carrying out an on-page SEO for a website. There are many more such as checking the robot.txt file, analyzing page speed, creating an XML sitemap, and so on, but it is imperative to get the above right.
If you are looking for an Calgary SEO Expert then do not hesitate to contact us.